Special Needs Evacuation Program
Depending on the type of emergency event, you may benefit from the items listed below. Have these items packed and ready before transportation arrives for you. Once an evacuation process begins, it is moves swiftly and there will not be time to pack once rescuers arrive.
If you request transportation to a shelter, bring with you personal items, medications and other supplies for daily use while you stay at the shelter. Before transportation arrives to take you to a shelter, you should to have the following items packed and ready, enough to last for at least 48 hours:
- Medications and Medical Supplies: Daily Prescriptions (2-week supply. Your Pharmacy records may not be available for days). Oxygen, Eye Glasses (2 pair), Hearing Aids, Walker, Wheelchair, etc.
- Important Papers: Personal Identification, Family Phone Numbers, Copies of Prescriptions, Doctor’s Name & Phone Number.
- Credit cards and Cash.
- Personal Items: Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Soap, Towel, etc.
- Comfort Items: Blankets, Sleeping Bag & Pillow, etc.
- Extra Clothing and Shoes.
- Special Dietary Foods: (If you have a special Diet). Bring non-perishable food and a can opener.
- Entertainment Items: Books, Magazines, Cards and Games.
- Other: Flashlight, Batteries, Radio with Batteries.
Please note: A fast-moving wild-land fire may not allow time to gather such items. Additionally, space in the transport vehicle may be limited and you may only be able to bring personal items that can fit into your pockets or small handbag.
Back to program overview.
Download copy of the Packing and Supplies List.