There are several emergency preparedness classess offered in Mill Valley and Southern Marin:
- Get Ready Southern Marin is a program that has been prepared for direct dissemination to the general public for disaster and emergency preparedness. It is based on the most reliable hazard awareness and emergency education information available. The citizens training class can be completed in less than 2 hours. Click here for more information. Mill Valley classes to resume in the Fall, 2103.
FIRE! Mill Valley classes are free, two-hour classes for Mill Valley residents. Come learn why we are at greater risk than Oakland was before their 1991 fire and what you can do about it. The workshops cover:
- Why Mill Valley is at risk for a catastrophic fire
- Good and bad types of vegetation
- How you can stop a fire from spreading in your landscape
- How you can make your home fire safe
- What the City and County are doing
- Personal safety during a fire
- What your block and neighborhood can do
- Ready, Set, GO! is a program designed to educate residents on the threats posed by wildfire and to provide a wildfire action plan that gives residents the tools to prepare themselves, their family and their homes from the devastating effects of a wildfire. Please visit the Ready, Set, Go! web site for more information.
- Train for the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT). CERT is designed to emphasize hands-on experience and is taught by Fire Department personnel. Please click on the CERT page for more information.
Upcoming and past emergency preparedness class information is listed below:
View Past Events