Experience Backpacks provide all the materials needed for a local, Mill Valley adventure. These self-guided walks take between one and two hours to complete and are intended as easy strolls for patrons of all ages. The backpacks provide materials for two people, but can be shared by more.
- Birding at Bothin Marsh: The Backpack includes everything you need for a 1-2 hour experience birding at Bothin Marsh, including a custom made, full-color guide to the birds that can be found at the marsh in May and June.
- Rock Springs Wildflower Walk
Experience Backpacks offer Mill Valley residents free access to a variety of local experiences.
A few notes to make sure you have a great experience:
• You can check out an experience backpack if you live within the 94941 zip code AND you have a valid library card (this means your fines are under $10.00 and your card is not expired).
• Backpacks can be checked out by patrons over 16, but enjoyed by people of any age.
• The backpacks provide materials for 2 people but could be used by more if you would like to share.
• Please check the library's hours to make sure we’ll be open when you plan to pick up your backpack.
• Backpacks may be picked up on a firt come, first served basis. You may call the library to see if a backpack is available for pick up.
• Backpacks must be returned to a staff person at the circulation desk during open hours on or before the due date. Please do not leave backpacks near book drops or at the front door.
• Backpacks must be returned at the Mill Valley Library and handed to a staff person at the Circulation Desk on or before the due date. There is a $25 fee for backpacks returned to other libraries, left in a bookdrop, or at the front door.
• A backpack must be picked up by the person who reserved it, and you will need your library card or photo ID. Library holiday closures may affect when you can pick up your backpack.
Mill Valley residents may check out one backpack per day and up to 2 backpacks per 30-day-period. Each type of backpack may be checked out only once per 30 day period.
Please see our Experience Backpackl FAQ page for more information.
If you need assistance, please call the circulation desk at
415-389-4292 ext. 4723
Last updated: 1/30/2013 11:06:13 AM