City Council Meeting
MV2040 General Plan Adoption
10/7/2013 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM
- View the Meeting Agenda and Supporting Documents (Staff Reports, Resolutions, etc.) by clicking here.
- Download the Meeting Agenda in PDF format.
- Download the Meeting Minutes in PDF format.
- Note: The Draft MV2040 General Plan, 2009-2014 Housing Element and Final Environmental Impact Report can be downloaded online at www.cityofmillvalley.org/generalplan. Hard copies are available for review at City Hall (26 Corte Madera Avenue) and the Public Library (375 Throckmorton) during normal business hours. (Please note City Hall is closed every other Friday).
- Agendas, Staff Reports and Supporting Materials for the prior General Plan Hearings can be reviewed using the following links:
- Public Communications:
CALL TO ORDER
PUBLIC OPEN TIME
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
COUNCIL AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
1. Presentation of a Proclamation Supporting the October 17, 2013, Great Shake Out.
2. Presentation of a Proclamation Declaring Wednesday, October 9, 2013, as Safe Routes to Schools’ International Walk and Roll to School Day in the City of Mill Valley.
Recommended Action: Approve paying expenses authorized by the adopted City Budget.
4. Consideration of the Minutes of the September 16, 2013 Regular City Council Meeting.
Recommended Action: Approve the September 16, 2013 Regular City Council Meeting minutes.
5. Consideration of a Resolution Accepting as Complete the 2012 Street and Sanitary Sewer Rehabilitation Project.
Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution No. ___.
6. Second Reading and Adoption of an Ordinance Amending the City’s Regulations Regarding Recreational and Commercial Vehicle Parking Restrictions, Sections 10.04.190 and 10.04.195 of the Mill Valley Municipal Code.
Recommended Action: Adopt Ordinance No. ___.
7. Second Reading and Adoption of Ordinance Approving Amendments to Certain Portions of Title 20 of the Mill Valley Municipal Code, Zoning Ordinance, Regarding “Floor Area Ratio” and “Residential Second Units”.
Recommended Action: Adopt Ordinance No. ___.
8. Consideration of a Resolution Approving Plans and Specifications, and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute and Award a Construction Contract for the Sycamore Avenue Bike and Pedestrian Improvement Project.
Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution No. 13-___.
9. Consideration of a Recommendation from the Planning Commission to Certify the Final Environmental Impact Report (FEIR) for the MV2040 General Plan and 2009-2014 Housing Element; Adopt a Statement of Overriding Considerations; and Adopt the Draft Mill Valley 2040 (MV2040) General Plan-and Draft 2009-2014 Housing Element.
Recommended Action: Receive presentation, discuss, receive public comment, provide direction to staff and adopt the following Resolutions:
1) Resolution 13-___ Certifying the Final MV2040 General Plan Environmental Impact Report (FEIR) for the MV2040 General Plan and adopting a Statement of Overriding Considerations Pursuant to Section 15093(b) of the California Environmental Quality Act Guidelines;
2) Resolution 13-___ Adopting the MV2040 General Plan; and
3) Resolution 13-___ Adopting the 2009-2014 Housing Element.
10. Presentation of Funding Request from the Marin Telecommunications Authority for the Community Media Center of Marin.
Recommended Action: Receive presentation, discuss and provide direction.
COUNCIL LIAISON REPORTS: An opportunity for Councilmembers to report on activities of the local and regional governmental bodies upon which they serve.
CITY MANAGER’S REPORTS
• Update on the National Parks Service’s Muir Woods Proposal.
• Update on the Timing for Adoption of an Ordinance Regarding Single-Use Bags.
COUNCIL REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
ADJOURNMENT– To the next Regular City Council meeting which will be held on Monday, October 21, 2013.
The City of Mill Valley is pleased to offer the following:
Webcasting Services: Please visit the Webcasting and Streaming Video Archive page to view the video, agenda, and meeting documents such as staff reports, consent calendar items, and attachments.
eComment: It is now possible for internet users watching the live meeting webcast to submit comments and questions in real-time to the City Council for the public comment sections of the meeting. Send an eComment.
The City of Mill Valley does not discriminate against any individual with a disability. Upon request, City publications will be made available in the appropriate format to persons with a disability. If you require assistance or auxiliary aids in order to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at 388-4033 (TTY 711) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The accessible entrance and parking are located behind City Hall.
Meeting end times are approximate. To request a digital recording of the meeting, please contact the City Clerk's office at email@example.com or call 415-388-4033.