City Council Meeting
3/4/2013 7:30 PM - 10:30 PM
- View the Meeting Agenda and Supporting Documents (Staff Reports, Resolutions, etc.) by clicking here.
- Download the Meeting Agenda in PDF format.
- Public Communications:
- Download the Meeting Minutes in PDF format.
BOARD, COMMISSION AND COMMITTEE INTERVIEWS: 6:00 p.m. in the Upstairs Conference Room.
1. Art Commission (3 openings)
6:00 PM Mark Marinozzi – unable to attend
Scott Jennings – confirmed
Ian Day – confirmed
Patricia Schwartz - confirmed
Joseph Rokovic – confirmed
Owen Prell – confirmed
Marsha Heckman – confirmed
2. Emergency Preparedness Commission (2 openings)
7:00 PM Michael Jacobs (Incumbent) – confirmed
Kimberly Hobson – confirmed
David O’Dell – confirmed
John Poulson – unable to attend
CALL TO ORDER
PUBLIC OPEN TIME
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
COUNCIL AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
1. Special thank you to US Bank Manager Catherine Johnson and staff for assisting the City’s “Councilmember on the Plaza” efforts since 2010.
2. Warrants--$ 1,843,695.78.
Recommended Action: Approve paying expenses authorized by the adopted City Budget.
3. Consideration of the Minutes of the February 19, 2013 Regular City Council Meeting.
Recommended Action: Approve the February 19, 2013 Regular City Council Meeting minutes.
4. Presentation of the 2012 – 2013 General Fund Budget Second Quarter Financial Report.
Recommended Action: Receive report.
5. Consideration of a Resolution Making Appointments to the Art Commission, Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee, Marin County Commission on Aging, Emergency Preparedness Commission, Library Board of Trustees, Parks and Recreation Commission, and Planning Commission.
Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution No. ___.
6. Presentation of the Six Month Status Report Update Regarding the Chamber of Commerce Professional Services Agreement with the City of Mill Valley.
Recommended Action: Receive presentation, discuss and provide direction as appropriate.
7. Consideration of an Appeal by Kevin Morey of the Planning Commission’s Approval of an Application for a new 2,717 Square-Foot Residence at 51 Walnut Avenue.
Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution No. ___ approving the proposed project.
8. Consideration of the Introduction of an Ordinance Approving Amendments to Certain Portions of Title 20 of the Mill Valley Municipal Code, Zoning Ordinance, Regarding “Floor Area Ratio” and “Residential Second Units.”
Recommended Action: Introduce Ordinance No. ___ and waive first reading.
COUNCIL LIAISON REPORTS
CITY MANAGER’S REPORTS
COUNCIL REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
ADJOURNMENT– To the next Regular City Council meeting which will be held on Monday, March 18, 2013.
The City of Mill Valley is pleased to offer the following:
Webcasting Services: Please visit the Webcasting and Streaming Video Archive page to view the video, agenda, and meeting documents such as staff reports, consent calendar items, and attachments.
eComment: It is now possible for internet users watching the live meeting webcast to submit comments and questions in real-time to the City Council for the public comment sections of the meeting. Send an eComment.
The City of Mill Valley does not discriminate against any individual with a disability. Upon request, City publications will be made available in the appropriate format to persons with a disability. If you require assistance or auxiliary aids in order to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at 388-4033 (TTY 711) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The accessible entrance and parking are located behind City Hall.
Meeting end times are approximate. To request a digital recording of the meeting, please contact the City Clerk's office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-388-4033.