Parks & Recreation Commission Meeting
7/10/2013 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
This meeting date has been changed to the second Wednesday on the month to accommodate holiday schedules.
PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
26 CORTE MADERA AVENUE, MILL VALLEY
WEDNESDAY, JULY 10, 2013
Douglas Nelson, Chair
Suzanne Bohan, Vice Chair
CALL TO ORDER
PUBLIC OPEN TIME: Persons wishing to address the Commission on subjects not on the agenda may do so at this time. State law prohibits Commission action on any item not listed on the agenda unless Commission determines that there is a need to take immediate action and that the need for action came to the City’s attention after the agenda was posted. Other items will generally be referred to staff or received as information. When addressing the Commission, please: 1) State your name and address; 2) Address the Chair; 3) State your views succinctly; 4) Avoid repetition; 5) Limit comments to 3 minutes. Please note: The Chair will allow time for public comment on each agenda item.
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
COMMISSION AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed on the Consent Calendar to be considered routine and are approved by a single motion without discussion. The Chair or any member of the Commission or the public may request that any item listed under the Consent Calendar be removed and action taken separately. In the event that an item is removed from the Consent Calendar, it shall be considered in its numerical order.
- Consideration of the Minutes of the June 5, 2013 Regular Commission Meeting. Recommended Action: Approve the June 5, 2013 Regular Commission Meeting
2. Consideration of use request for the Boyle Park Tennis Courts by USTA Men’s 55+ team for league play June 23 to September 22, 2013 Saturdays or Sundays 3pm-5pm
- Boyle Park Tennis Courts Renovation Project Review Presentation and Discussion of Design and Cost by Peter Arnold, Principal – Abey Arnold Associates Landscape Architects
- Consideration of Changing September Parks and Recreation Commission Meeting Date to Wednesday, September 11, 2013 due to Labor Day Holiday.
COMMISSION LIAISON REPORTS
RECREATION DIRECTOR AND OPERATIONS SUPERINTENDENT REPORTS
- Update on Boyle Park Baseball Fields use by Mill Valley Little League
- Review of Professional Service Agreement (PSA) between City of Mill Valley and Mill Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Annual Maintenance Closure of Aquatics & Fitness Center Update and FAQ Review
- Scope of Services Review - GreenPlay LLC, Management Consulting
COMMISSION REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
ADJOURNMENT – To the next Regular Commission meeting which will be held on Wednesday, August 7, 2013.
The City of Mill Valley is pleased to offer the following:
Webcasting Services: Please visit the Webcasting and Streaming Video Archive page to view the video, agenda, and meeting documents such as staff reports, consent calendar items, and attachments.
The City of Mill Valley does not discriminate against any individual with a disability. Upon request, City publications will be made available in the appropriate format to persons with a disability. If you require assistance or auxiliary aids in order to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at 388-4033 (TTY 711) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The accessible entrance and parking are located behind City Hall.
Meeting end times are approximate. To request a digital recording of the meeting, please contact the City Clerk's