PARKS AND RECREATION
555 REDWOOD HIGHWAY, MILL VALLEY
December 13, 2013
Douglas Nelson, Chair
Suzanne Bohan, Vice Chair
CALL TO ORDER
PUBLIC OPEN TIME: Persons wishing to address the Commission on subjects not on the agenda may do so at this time. State law prohibits Commission action on any item not listed on the agenda unless Commission determines that there is a need to take immediate action and that the need for action came to the City’s attention after the agenda was posted. Other items will generally be referred to staff or received as information. When addressing the Commission, please: 1) State your name and address; 2) Address the Chair; 3) State your views succinctly; 4) Avoid repetition; 5) Limit comments to 3 minutes. Please note: The Chair will allow time for public comment on each agenda item.
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
A. Introduction and Orientation:
1. Purpose & Overview of Retreat Goals
2. Elements of Meeting
3. Desired Outcomes
B. Overview and Confirm Guiding Principles: City Council’s Mission Statement, Core Values, and Key Issues and Parks & Recreation Commission Role and Responsibilities.
C. Review of the status of City Council’s FY 2013/2014 Priority Projects and Parks & Recreation Commission Fiscal Year Accomplishments
D. Staff Presentations:
1. DPW CIP Five-Year Project Schedule
2. General Plan: Overview of adopted MV 2040 General Plan and assignments specific to Parks & Recreation Commission
E. Commission S.W.O.T. (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities & Threats) Analysis
F. Commission S.W.O.T. Priorities for Discussion and Direction
G. Potential FY 2013/2014 & FY 14/15 Commission Work Plan Items
1. 2014-2016 Budget & CIP Recommendations
2. Administrative- Admin Citations, Donations & Memorials and Permit Process
3. Boyle Park Tennis Court Fundraising
4. SLPs, BPAC & BTP Plan Update
5. Carry In, Carry Out Pilot Park Program
6. Future Field Space Development & All Weather Field Study
7. Golf Course Action Plan
8. Measure A Funds & Development of Project Schedule
9. Parks & Recreation Commission Strategic Plan
10. Partnerships (Art Commission, BPAC, Historical Society, Library, MVSD, etc.)
11. Plaza Ordinance Update
12. Recreation Department Name, Outreach & Re-Branding
H. Next Steps and Agreements
ADJOURNMENT – To the next Regular Commission meeting, which will be held on Wednesday, January 8, 2013.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at City Hall, 26 Corte Madera Avenue during regular business hours. Such documents are also available on the City’s website at www.cityofmillvalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents prior to the meeting.
The City of Mill Valley does not discriminate against any individual with a disability. Upon request, City publications will be made available in the appropriate format to persons with a disability. If you require assistance or auxiliary aids in order to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at 388-4033 (TTY 711) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The accessible entrance and parking are located behind City Hall.