City Council Annual Retreat
1/29/2014 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM
- View the Meeting Agenda and Supporting Documents (Staff Reports, Resolutions, etc.) by clicking here.
- Download the Meeting Agenda in PDF format.
- Please note due to the change in meeting location, this meeting will not be webcast; Formal minutes will not be prepared for this meeting.
CITY COUNCIL ANNUAL RETREAT
RALSTON WHITE RETREAT
2 EL CAPITAN AVENUE, MILL VALLEY
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 29, 2014
CALL TO ORDER
PUBLIC OPEN TIME
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
1. Purpose of the Retreat; Overview of the Day’s Schedule; and Desired Outcomes
2. Warm-up Activity
3. Review and Confirmation of the City’s Foundation:
a) A review and confirmation of the City’s Mission Statements, Core Values, and Key Issues and General Plan Goals and Values
4. Review of Existing Direction, Commitments, and Assignments:
a) A review of adopted Priority Projects; CIP’s; Pavement Management Plan; Sewer System Rehabilitation Plan ; Waste Water Treatment CIP’s
5. Overview of City Budget, Fiscal Condition, Current Budget Policies and Practices, and Discussion of Interest in Zero-based Budgeting
LUNCH BREAK AND ACTIVITY – 12:00 p.m.
6. Assessing the City’s Ability to Address the Items Presented During Morning Session:
a) Presentation of a SWOT summary and discussion
b) Identification of areas for improvement, attention or clarification
AFTERNOON BREAK – 2:00 p.m.
7. Development of Recommended City Council Priority Projects for Fiscal Years 2014-2016:
a) Projection of major upcoming issues, opportunities, demands and areas for focus
b) Identification of areas of Council Interest for Attention – Immediate (FY 2014-2016 Budget) and longer term
c) Development of Recommended City Council Priority Projects for FY 2014-2016
AFTERNOON BREAK – 4:00 p.m.
8. Discussion of Issues and Ideas Regarding Nuts and Bolts Items:
a) City Council meetings
c) Discussion of Council and staff roles
d) Discussion of miscellaneous nuts and bolts topics
9. Closing Comments, Agreements and Next Steps
DINNER – 6:30 p.m.
ADJOURNMENT– To the next Regular City Council meeting which will be held on Monday, February 3, 2014.