Planning Commission Meeting
Planning Commission Meeting
5/27/2014 6:30 PM - 11:00 PM
- View the Meeting Agenda and Supporting Documents (Staff Reports, etc.) by clicking here.
- Download the Meeting Agenda in pdf. format.
- View the Approved Minutes in pdf.format
MILL VALLEY PLANNING COMMISSION
CALL TO ORDER
PLANNING AND BUILDING DIRECTOR’S REPORT
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: MINUTES FROM JANUARY 27, 2014 AND MAY 12, 2014
1. Study Session and Design Review Submittal Requirements (Svanstrom)
Finalize and adopt updated Study Session and Design Review Submittal Requirements.
2. 2014 Workplan Review (Svanstrom)
Review 2014-2015workplan prioritization discussed at Planning Commission Retreat on May 6, 2014, and discuss appropriate steps for presenting to City Council.
(Note: Public Hearings on the following items will begin at 7:30 p.m.)
CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. 501 Tamalpais – Design Review, Tree Permit and Categorical Exemption- File No. PL12-4035 (Zanarini)
Design Review hearing for the construction of a new 4,687 square foot residence, which includes a 999 square foot lower level, 2,067 square foot middle level and a 1,472 upper level on a 56,071 vacant square foot lot. The project also includes a 649 square foot partially covered carport and a parking deck. The subject property is in the RS-20 (residential single family with a minimum lot size of 20,000 square feet) Zoning District.
2. 69 Lovell – Study Session for Design Review Categorical Exemption- File No. PL14-4191 (Zanarini)
Study Session for request to demolish two Single-Family residences and construction of a new 2-unit condominium of 1,755 square feet and 2,613 Square feet with an attached 403 square feet 4-car stacked garage on a 4,050 square foot lot. The subject property is in the RM-1.5 (residential multi-family with a minimum lot size of 1,500 square feet per dwelling unit) Zoning District.
3. 129 Miller Avenue – Study Session for Rezoning and a Site Master Plan – File No. PL14-4196 (Smith)
Study session for request to restore the existing building on the original Mill Valley Lumber Yard property. There is approximately 17,033 square feet of Retail Office, Workshop and utility area that would be upgraded and utilized for Office/Studios, Retail, Restaurant, Common and Workshop Area. The request includes Rezoning the property from RM, Multi-Family Residential to CN-PD, Neighborhood Commercial with a Planned Development Overlay, to accommodate the unique characteristics of the site and buildings. This item is a Study Session to discuss the proposed building changes as well as the Land Use issues associated with this site.
4. 351 Lovell – Appeal of Stop Work-File No. PL14-4201 (Smith) Appeal from the determination of Planning and Zoning Violations by the Interim Planning and Building Director. The subject property is in the RS-10 Zoning District (residential Single-Family with a minimum lot size of 10,000 square feet)
This item has been continued to June 9, 2014 at the applicant’s request.