The Mill Valley City Council is seeking applicants to serve, contribute and to utilize the top talent that exists among the residents of the community for the City’s various Boards, Commissions and Committees. New terms begin March 1st for a three-year period. Members may serve no more than two consecutive terms. These appointments are made by the City Council and serve without financial compensation. (Applications for specific Board, Commissions and Committees provided in links shown below). ART COMMISSION
- Two members’ terms are expiring (both incumbents are eligible to reapply), and another member is resigning. The Commission arranges exhibits at City Hall and the Community Center, sponsors concerts in the Plaza as well as the annual ‘Click Off’ Photography Event. This is a hands-on working group that coordinates special artistic events along with its monthly “First Tuesday Art Walk.” The Commission needs task-oriented, focused members committed to community outreach. Meetings are the second Tuesday evening of each month. Please note that one of the vacant positions must be filed by a resident of the City of Mill Valley.
BICYCLE AND PEDESTRIAN ADVISORY COMMITTEE – No current vacancies. EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS COMMISSION
– Three members’ terms are expiring, and two incumbents are eligible to reapply. The Commission advocates the need for ongoing emergency preparedness and helps identify, organize and liaison with neighborhoods, businesses, and schools. They assist with educating residents on ways to be self-sufficient in a disaster and encourage CERT training. Meetings are the second Thursday of every month at City Hall. Please note that two of the three vacant positions must be filed by individuals who live within the City limits of Mill Valley. LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES
– One member’s term is expiring and the incumbent is not eligible to reapply. This advisory board meets on the second Thursday evening of every month. Trustees advise the City Librarian on matters related to the Library, advocate for the Library, and make reports to City Council. Applicants applying for this vacancy may live outside of City limits but within the Mill Valley School District.
MARIN COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING – No current vacancies.
PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION – No current vacancies. PLANNING COMMISSION
- Three members’ terms are expiring and one incumbent is eligible to reapply. The Commission acts on design review and land use entitlement requests and develops ordinances to implement the General Plan. Applicants must be registered voters and live within the City limits of Mill Valley. MARIN/SONOMA MOSQUITO AND VECTOR CONTROL DISTRICT
– The Mill Valley representative’s term expires December 31, 2013, and the incumbent is eligible to reapply. The City’s representative on the Board of Trustees is one of 24 seats that are held by appointees from various cities and public agencies across Sonoma and Marin Counties. The Board acts on various matters pertaining to Mosquito and Vector Control. Regular meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at District Headquarters, 595 Helman Lane, Cotati, CA. Applicants must live within the City limits of Mill Valley.
PLEASE NOTE that interviews will be held before the Regular City Council meetings on February 3 and February 18, 2014. Applicants will receive an invitation letter after the January 30th deadline with further interview details. Final appointments to the City’s Boards, Commissions and Committees will be made at the February 18, 2014 Regular City Council meeting.
For more information or applications contact the City Clerk (415) 388-4033, visit the City’s website at www.cityofmillvalley.org
or email the City Clerk at email@example.com