Professional fireworks displays are enjoyable for the entire family, but did you know that consumer fireworks are illegal in Mill Valley and Marin County? Two out of every five fires reported are started by fireworks at this time of year. Here are some tips that will keep us safe during this 4th of July celebration.
First, leave fireworks to the professionals, all domestic use fireworks are illegal, even the “safe and sane.”
Second, keep our community safe, report illegal fireworks use to the Mill Valley Fire Department by calling 415/389-4130.
In the event of an emergency, please call 911.
• Each July Fourth, thousands of children and young adults are injured annually using consumer fireworks dubbed “safe and sane.”
• Do you know how hot a sparkler burns? Up to 1200 degrees. That is higher than the temperature to melt glass.
• The risk of fireworks injury is highest for Children ages 5-19 and Adults 25-44.
• Possession or use of fireworks starts as a misdemeanor and increases with severity of violations. The laws are strictly enforced.
• Chinese Fire Lanterns are also illegal and very dangerous.
To enjoy nightly professional fireworks at the 2014 Marin County Fair.
For further information on Emergency Preparedness.