Skip to page body Home About Us What's New City Government City Services Community Visitors Business How Do I...

Encroachment Permit

Do you live within Mill Valley city limits? That's important to know for sure in this section. Some Mill Valley addresses (such as those in Strawberry, Tam Valley, Homestead, Almonte and Alto) are actually in unincorporated portions of Marin County. Check your street address here to find out. 

Permits for construction within the public right of way -- known as "Encroachment Permits" -- are issued under the City of Mill Valley Municipal Code, Chapter 11.16.

According to the Municipal Code, such construction may include efforts to "(a) fill, (b excavate, (c) install utility pipes, (d) install or construct curbs and gutters, (e) install or construct sidewalks and driveways, (f) install or construct road approaches, (g) install or construct garages, carports, bridges, entry walks, fences, walls or other similar improvements."

Click here for a downloadable PDF version of the Unified Encroachment Permit Application. 

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Download Acrobat Reader Download WinZip Download Word Viewer Download Excel Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer
Last updated: 4/21/2011 9:59:53 AM