Skip to page body Home About Us What's New City Government City Services Community Visitors Business How Do I...

Events Policy/Block Party Information

Road closure:
In order to close the road for an event/block party you must first submit your flyer with event details to DPW and complete a Road Closure form. The fee for a road closure is $70.

Road closure signs must be posted 48 hours prior to the event. Signs may be purchased at DPW for $20/ea or may be homemade. They must be at least 24”x30” and include location of closure, date and time, and your contact number. Signs must not be posted on trees or utility poles. Post to barricades or cones.

Signs must include a contact number (yours, not DPW’s).

Event Day:
Call Police Dispatch (389-4100) just prior to closing the road and make sure they have the closure location, your name & contact number. Call dispatch again when road is reopened.

General Rules: 

  • To allow for emergency vehicle access, no permanent fixtures, such as BBQ’s and ‘jumpies’, may be placed in the  roadway. 
  • Alcohol must be served on private property only 
  • No live bands on city property
Last updated: 8/17/2009 9:16:00 AM