Parks & Recreation Commission Meeting
9/11/2013 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
The Mill Valley Parks & Recreation Commission meets on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm at City Hall
PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
26 CORTE MADERA AVENUE, MILL VALLEY
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2013
Douglas Nelson, Chair
Suzanne Bohan, Vice Chair
CALL TO ORDER
PUBLIC OPEN TIME: Persons wishing to address the Commission on subjects not on the agenda may do so at this time. State law prohibits Commission action on any item not listed on the agenda unless Commission determines that there is a need to take immediate action and that the need for action came to the City’s attention after the agenda was posted. Other items will generally be referred to staff or received as information. When addressing the Commission, please: 1) State your name and address; 2) Address the Chair; 3) State your views succinctly; 4) Avoid repetition; 5) Limit comments to 3 minutes. Please note: The Chair will allow time for public comment on each agenda item.
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
COMMISSION AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed on the Consent Calendar to be considered routine and are approved by a single motion without discussion. The Chair or any member of the Commission or the public may request that any item listed under the Consent Calendar be removed and action taken separately. In the event that an item is removed from the Consent Calendar, it shall be considered in its numerical order.
- Consideration of the Minutes of the August 7, 2013 Regular Commission Meeting. Recommended Action: Approve the August 7, 2013 Regular Commission Meeting
- Consideration of Use Request for Old Mill Park Redwood Grove, Group Picnic Area and Amphitheater by Enviro-Sports Productions for Escape from the Rock Triathlon/ Double Dipsea Run Start & Finish line and Post Run Picnic on Sunday July 20, 2014 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Recreation)
- Consideration of Use Request for Boyle Park Tennis Courts and Group Picnic Area by Boyle Park Renovation Committee for Fundraising Event on Saturday October 19, 2013 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (Recreation)
- Discussion of Field Maintenance Costs, Consideration of Field Use Fee Structure and Field Use Policy User Definition Revisions. (DPW and Recreation)
- Consideration of Proposed Golf Course Improvement Projects as part of the Directive from City Council to Develop a Golf Course Improvement Action Plan. (DPW)
- Consideration of City Council Recommended Rate Adjustments to Golf Greens Fees. (Recreation)
RECREATION DIRECTOR AND OPERATIONS SUPERINTENDENT REPORTS
- Bayfront Boat Dock Project Update (DPW)
- Aquatics & Fitness and Community Centers CIP Update (DPW)
- Downtown Plaza Restroom CIP Update (DPW)
- Proposed Special Events Programming Update (Recreation)
COMMISSION REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
ADJOURNMENT – To the next Regular Commission meeting which will be held on Wednesday, October 2, 2013.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at City Hall, 26 Corte Madera Avenue during regular business hours. Such documents are also available on the City’s website at www.cityofmillvalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents prior to the meeting.
The City of Mill Valley is pleased to offer the following:
Webcasting Services: Please visit the Webcasting and Streaming Video Archive page to view the video, agenda, and meeting documents such as staff reports, consent calendar items, and attachments.
The City of Mill Valley does not discriminate against any individual with a disability. Upon request, City publications will be made available in the appropriate format to persons with a disability. If you require assistance or auxiliary aids in order to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at 388-4033 (TTY 711) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The accessible entrance and parking are located behind City Hall.
Meeting end times are approximate. To request a digital recording of the meeting, please contact the City Clerk's