Skip to page body Home Find Books & Do Research My Library Services Programs & Events Kids Teens History Room Support the Library
Students board Tam High School buses
Some Tamalpais High School students board school buses in the early 1950s...

Tam High students in parking lot
...while others use cars during the same period.

Edna Maguire School
Edna Maguire School in the 1950s, when it was used for grades 7 & 8 only.

Keystone Block Building
The Keystone Block Building in Lytton Square in the 1950s.

R and M Style Shop
Looking out on Lytton Square down Miller Avenue in the 1950s,
from the inside of the R and M Style Shop on Throckmorton Avenue.

Stephen Dimitroff in front of his frame shop
Stephen Dimitroff framed in front of Dimitroff's Frame Shop
at 32 Miller Avenue, its original location, in the early 1950s.

Tam High classroom
Tamalpais High School students in a classroom, c. 1951.

Mill Valley bus depot
The Mill Valley bus depot, c. 1951.

Green Frog grocery
Photo looking up Corte Madera Avenue, c. 1953. The Green Frog Food Company grocery
 in the foreground was later closed and Mill Valley Market moved to this location.
 City Hall and the Firehouse are beyond the grocery.

Alto intersection
Alto intersection c. 1955, before the overpass was built. Highway 101 going south Strawberry Village Shopping Center is now located in the upper left-hand corner. In the upper right is Shelter Ridge.

1955 flood
Intersection of Camino Alto and Sycamore Avenue during the 1955 flood.

Downtown clock
Reinstalling the repaired clock next to the bus depot in 1956. The clock was
originally given to the city in 1929 by the Association of Volunteer Firemen.

Richmond-San Rafael Bridge
The Richmond-San Rafael bridge on opening day in 1957.

Tam High School girls
Tamalpais High School girls posing for a 1957 photo in downtown Mill Valley.

Fall Arts Festival
Fall Arts Festival in the late 1950s, when it was called the Harvest Moon Festival
and was held at the bus depot.

Last updated: 2/6/2008 10:09:01 AM