Art Commission Meeting
1/15/2013 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
The Art Commission normally meets on the second Tuesday of every month in the upstairs conference room at City Hall.
The January meeting has been rescheduled to the third Tuesday to accommodate the First Tuesday Artwalk to be held on the second Tuesday due to the New Year's holiday.
Click here to download Agenda in PDF format
Click here to download Meeting Minutes in PDF format
UPSTAIRS CONFERENCE ROOM, CITY HALL
26 CORTE MADERA AVE
TUESDAY, JANUARY 15, 2013
Lynne Klein, Chair
CALL TO ORDER
PUBLIC OPEN TIME: Persons wishing to address the Commission on subjects not on the agenda may do so at this time. State law prohibits Commission action on any item not listed on the agenda unless Commission determines that there is a need to take immediate action and that the need for action came to the City’s attention after the agenda was posted. Other items will generally be referred to staff or received as information. When addressing the Commission, please: 1) State your name and address; 2) Address the Chair; 3) State your views succinctly; 4) Avoid repetition; 5) Limit comments to 3 minutes. Please note: The Chair will allow time for public comment on each agenda item.
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed on the Consent Calendar to be considered routine and are approved by a single motion without discussion. The Chair or any member of the Commission or the public may request that any item listed under the Consent Calendar be removed and action taken separately. In the event that an item is removed from the Consent Calendar, it shall be considered in its numerical order.
1. Consideration of the Minutes of the December 11, 2012 Regular Commission Meeting. Recommended Action: Approve the December 11, 2012 Regular Commission Meeting minutes.
2. Consideration of the Minutes of the December 18, 2012 Special Commission Meeting. Recommended Action: Approve the December 18, 2012 Special Commission Meeting minutes.
3. Consideration of the adoption of the Arts Commission meeting revised schedule for 2013 – Change July meeting from July 9th to July 16th so First Tuesday ArtWalk can be held on July 9th due to Independence Day.
COMMISSION AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
a. Arts Commission Annual Report Update
b. Good News
c. Telephone Log
d. Social Media
e. Treasurer’s Report
f. First Tuesday ArtWalk Update
4. Call for Musical Artists Submission Information Update and Rollout Discussion
5. Approved 2013 Banner Dates and Banner Update Discussion:
First Tuesday ArtWalk: Mon. 1/28 to Mon. 2/4
Comedy on the Plaza: Mon. 6/3 to Mon. 6/10
Concerts on the Plaza: Mon. 7/29 to Fri. 8/2
Click Off: Mon. 10/14 to Mon. 10/21
First Tuesday ArtWalk Week of 2/22
Comedy on the Plaza Week of 6/4
Concerts on the Plaza Week of 7/30
6. Discussion of Spring Planning Session Meeting Date
7. Arts Commission Storage Locations
RECREATION DIRECTOR REPORTS
9. Call for Visual Artists Update
COMMISSION REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
ADJOURNMENT – To the next Regular Commission meeting; which will be held on February 5, 2013.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Mill Valley Community Center 180 Camino Alto during regular business hours. Such documents are also available on the City’s website at www.cityofmillvalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents prior to the meeting.
The City of Mill Valley does not discriminate against any individual with a disability. Upon request, City publications will be made available in the appropriate format to persons with a disability. If you require assistance or auxiliary aids in order to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at 388-4033 (TTY 711) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The accessible entrance and parking are located behind City Hall