Arts Commission Meeting
3/11/2014 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
The Art Commission meets on the second Tuesday of every month in the upstairs conference room at City Hall.
UPSTAIRS CONFERNECE ROOM, CITY HALL
26 CORTE MADERA AVENUE, MILL VALLEY
TUESDAY, MARCH 11, 2014
N. Teresa Rea, Chair
Robert Kilby, Vice Chair
CALL TO ORDER
PUBLIC OPEN TIME: Persons wishing to address the Commission on subjects not on the agenda may do so at this time. State law prohibits Commission action on any item not listed on the agenda unless Commission determines that there is a need to take immediate action and that the need for action came to the City’s attention after the agenda was posted. Other items will generally be referred to staff or received as information. When addressing the Commission, please: 1) State your name and address; 2) Address the Chair; 3) State your views succinctly; 4) Avoid repetition; 5) Limit comments to 3 minutes. Please note: The Chair will allow time for public comment on each agenda item.
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
COMMISSION AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Introduction of New Arts Commissioner
- Nominations and Election of Arts Commission Chairperson
- Nominations and Election of Arts Commission Vice Chairperson
- Good News
- Correspondence/Telephone Log
- Treasurer’s Report
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed on the Consent Calendar to be considered routine and are approved by a single motion without discussion. The Chair or any member of the Commission or the public may request that any item listed under the Consent Calendar be removed and action taken separately. In the event that an item is removed from the Consent Calendar, it shall be considered in its numerical order.
- Consideration of the Minutes of the February 11, 2014 Regular Commission Meeting. Recommended Action: Approve the February 11, 2014 Regular Commission Meeting minutes.
- Discuss Arts Commission Participation at Volunteer Day on the Plaza April, 5, 2014
- Discuss and Consider Adjusting April 8 and May 13 Commission Meeting start times to 6:00pm to allow for time to Review and Select Artwork (April) and Musicians (May)
- Discuss and form Sub-Committee for 2014 Comedy in the Plaza
- Plein Air Painting Event Brainstorming
- First Tuesday ArtWalk
a. Miller Avenue Venues
- First Tuesday ArtWalk
a. Community Center March Exhibit Update
b. Lighting and Signage Update
- 2014 Call for Artwork Update
- 2014 Call for Musicians Update
RECREATION DIRECTOR REPORTS
16. Marinarts.org February 18, 2014 Presentation Update
COMMISSION REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
ADJOURNMENT – To the next Regular Commission meeting which will be held on April 8, 2014.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Mill Valley Community Center, 180 Camino Alto during regular business hours. Such documents are also available on the City’s website at www.cityofmillvalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents prior to the meeting.
The City of Mill Valley does not discriminate against any individual with a disability. Upon request, City publications will be made available in the appropriate format to persons with a disability. If you require assistance or auxiliary aids in order to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at 388-4033 (TTY 711) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The accessible entrance and parking are located behind City Hall.