PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
26 CORTE MADERA AVENUE, MILL VALLEY
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2014
Suzanne Bohan, Chair
Kirk Knauer, Vice Chair
CALL TO ORDER
PUBLIC OPEN TIME: Persons wishing to address the Commission on subjects not on the agenda may do so at this time. State law prohibits Commission action on any item not listed on the agenda unless Commission determines that there is a need to take immediate action and that the need for action came to the City’s attention after the agenda was posted. Other items will generally be referred to staff or received as information. When addressing the Commission, please: 1) State your name and address; 2) Address the Chair; 3) State your views succinctly; 4) Avoid repetition; 5) Limit comments to 3 minutes. Please note: The Chair will allow time for public comment on each agenda item.
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
COMMISSION AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed on the Consent Calendar to be considered routine and are approved by a single motion without discussion. The Chair or any member of the Commission or the public may request that any item listed under the Consent Calendar be removed and action taken separately. In the event that an item is removed from the Consent Calendar, it shall be considered in its numerical order.
1. Consideration of the Minutes of the November 5, 2014 Regular Commission Meeting. Recommended Action: Approve the November 5, 2014 Regular Commission Meeting Minutes.
2. Consideration of Community Center & Aquatic and Fitness Center Facility Rental Fees Adjustments Recommendations. Recommended Action: Approve Recommended Fee Adjustments.
3. Consideration of Use Request for Downtown Plaza by Mill Valley Chamber of Commerce for the 34th Annual Mill Valley Market Wine, Beer and Gourmet Food Tasting on Sunday, May 31, 2015 6 a.m.-6 p.m. Recommended Action: Approve Use Request with Stipulations.
4. Consideration of Use Request for Downtown Plaza by Mt Tamalpais United Methodist Church for a Holiday Peace Pop-Up on Thursday, December 18, 2014 4 p.m.-9 p.m. Recommended Action: Approve Use Request with Stipulations.
RECREATION AND DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS REPORTS
5. Timely Reporting of Rainy-Day Field Closures Review (DPW)
6. County Roundabout Update (DPW)
7. Dipsea Steps Renovation Project Update (DPW)
8. City Hall Bloomathon Garden Update (DPW)
9. Arts Commission’s reCycle Public Art Project Review (Recreation)
10. 2015 Youth Sports Leagues Field Allocation Draft Schedule Review. Recommended Action: Receive and Discuss Information and Direct Staff as Necessary.
a. Review draft allocation schedule
b. Discuss field clean-up stipulations
11. Consideration of Historical Map Installation in Old Mill Park Project. Recommended Action: Receive and Discuss Information and Consider for Approval.
12. Consideration of Welcome Kiosk Service Organization Draft Policy. Recommended Action: Receive and Discuss Information and Consider for Approval.
COMMISSION REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
ADJOURNMENT – To the Regular Commission meeting which will be held on January 7, 2015.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at City Hall, 26 Corte Madera Avenue during regular business hours. Such documents are also available on the City’s website at www.cityofmillvalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents prior to the meeting.