PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
26 CORTE MADERA AVENUE, MILL VALLEY
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2014
Suzanne Bohan, Chair
Kirk Knauer, Vice Chair
CALL TO ORDER
PUBLIC OPEN TIME: Persons wishing to address the Commission on subjects not on the agenda may do so at this time. State law prohibits Commission action on any item not listed on the agenda unless Commission determines that there is a need to take immediate action and that the need for action came to the City’s attention after the agenda was posted. Other items will generally be referred to staff or received as information. When addressing the Commission, please: 1) State your name and address; 2) Address the Chair; 3) State your views succinctly; 4) Avoid repetition; 5) Limit comments to 3 minutes. Please note: The Chair will allow time for public comment on each agenda item.
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
COMMISSION AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed on the Consent Calendar to be considered routine and are approved by a single motion without discussion. The Chair or any member of the Commission or the public may request that any item listed under the Consent Calendar be removed and action taken separately. In the event that an item is removed from the Consent Calendar, it shall be considered in its numerical order.
1. Consideration of the Minutes of the September 3, 2014 Regular Commission Meeting. Recommended Action: Approve the September 3, 2014 Regular Commission Meeting Minutes.
2. Consideration of Golf Course Clubhouse Rental Fees Increase Recommendations. Recommended Action: Approve Recommended Fee Increases.
3. Consideration of Aquatics and Fitness Center Pass Fees Increase Recommendations. Recommended Action: Approve Recommended Fee Increases.
- Consideration of Use Request for Downtown Plaza by Joan Murray for a Volunteer Day on Saturday April 18, 2015 10:00a.m. – 2:00p.m. Recommended Action: Approve Use Request with Stipulations.
RECREATION AND DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS REPORTS
5. County Multi-Use Path Safety Concerns & County Roundabout Update (DPW)
6. Bayfront Community Garden Design Update (DPW)
7. Golf Course Operations Update (Recreation)
8. Community Center Parking Update (Recreation)
- Recreation Use Fees Review - Athletic Field Rental Fess Review (Non-Youth Sports League Use) Recommended Action: Receive and Discuss Information and Direct Staff as Necessary.
- Consideration of Tree Removal Appeal Request for 23 Janes Street.
Recommended Action: Receive and Discuss Information and Consider Recommendation.
- Selection of Parks and Recreation Commission Retreat Date (2013 Date 12/13/13)
- Consideration of Bloomathon Garden at City Hall Design Recommendation. Recommended Action: Receive and Discuss Information and Consider for Approval.
- Boyle Park Tennis Court Renovation Project Update and Discussion. Recommended Action: Receive and Discuss Information and Direct Staff as Necessary.
COMMISSION REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
ADJOURNMENT – To the Regular Commission meeting which will be held on November 5, 2014.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at City Hall, 26 Corte Madera Avenue during regular business hours. Such documents are also available on the City’s website at www.cityofmillvalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents prior to the meeting.