The City of Mill Valley conducts the public's business in a manner that is accessible and transparent to all its citizens. The Mill Valley City Council has identified a balanced, inclusive, and open approach to policy-making and city leadership as one of its Core Values.
We believe that community members should have easy access to public information, including meeting agendas and minutes, financial and budget information, and documents and reports.
We hope you find this page and the entire City website a useful tool to access information that is of interest to you.
Description of Services:
The City of Mill Valley is a full-service city with a City Council/City Manager form of government. The City of Mill Valley provides a full range of municipal services to residents and businesses in accordance with the MV2040 General Plan and City Council policy and direction. City Departments include the Office of the City Manager, Planning and Building, Recreation, Library, Police, Fire, Public Works, Finance and Human Resources.
- Boundary of Service Area/City Limits page
- Service Directory page
- Mill Valley Municipal Code Permit Applications online
- Public Records Requests page
- Zoning Ordinances online
- City of Mill Valley Budget
- Election Procedure and Deadlines
- Find information about the Mill Valley City Council: Contact information, names, terms, and compensation.
- Summary of Fees Received and Revenue Sources (PDF) (See Section I)
Please view any of the following links for the contact information, names, and terms of the appointed officials on City Boards, Commissions, and Committees. Appointed officials are not compensated.
- Arts Commission
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- Emergency Preparedness Commission
- Library Board of Trustees
- Parks and Recreation Commission
- Planning Commission
- City Employee Compensation and Benefits
- City of Mill Valley Departments, Department Heads, and Contact Information
- MOUs, Resolutions, and Salary Schedules -The City of Mill Valley has five employment groups, each with their own Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) and Salary Schedules. A Memorandum of Understanding defines the expectations, terms, and conditions of the working relationship between two parties.
- Public Employee Database (California Government Compensation Website) City of Mill Valley Departments, Department Heads, and Contact Information
- View audit information in the Archive Center
Contracts, Requests for Proposals & Bidding Opportunities
- City-Wide RFPs
- Public Works RFPs - DFS Online Plan Room
- Approved Vendor Contracts are available upon request - Please contact the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The City of Mill Valley is a member of the League of California Cities. The League hosts City Caucus meetings, which include League lobbyists and contract lobbyists representing cities. During the legislative session, the City Caucus meets regularly to discuss bills affecting cities. Participating lobbyists share information to ensure that the best results for all cities are achieved legislatively.
- At this time, the City of Mill Valley does not employ a lobbyist on its staff or as a consultant. However, through our participation in the Marin County Council of Mayors and Councilmembers' Legislative Committee, the City of Mill Valley spends $3,000 per year to support the activities of League lobbyists to serve as educational resources for City leaders and to represent the interests of Marin cities in State legislature. Learn more on the League of California Cities website.
Watch Meetings Online
- Boards, Commission, Committees: Find Boards, Commission, Committee information, agendas, and minutes.
- Stay updated on the latest news and events from the City of Mill Valley with our email newsletter. Register your email address for MVConnect online.