- Borrow & Access
- Unique Offerings
- Experience Backpacks
Experience Backpacks provide all the materials needed for a local, Mill Valley adventure. These self-guided walks take between one and two hours to complete and are intended as easy strolls for patrons of all ages. The backpacks provide materials for two people, but can be shared by more.
- Birding at Bothin Marsh: This backpack includes everything you need for a 1 to 2 hour experience birding at Bothin Marsh, including a custom-made, full-color guide to the birds that can be found at the marsh in May and June.
- Rock Springs Wildflower Walk
Ensure a Great Experience
Experience Backpacks offer Mill Valley residents free access to a variety of local experiences.
A few notes to make sure you have a great experience:
- You can check out an experience backpack if you have a valid library card (this means your fines are under $10 and your card is not expired).
- Backpacks can be checked out by patrons over 16, but enjoyed by people of any age.
- The backpacks provide materials for 2 people but could be used by more if you would like to share.
- Please check the library's hours to make sure we'll be open when you plan to pick up your backpack.
- Backpacks may be picked up on a first-come, first-served basis. You may call the library to see if a backpack is available for pick up.
- Backpacks are due before the library closes one week from the day the backpack was checked out and must be returned to a staff person at the Circulation Desk during open hours on or before the due date. Please do not leave backpacks near book drops or at the front door.
- Use Experience Backpacks responsibly to avoid fines or suspension of privileges.
If you need assistance, please call the library at 415-389-4292.