The purpose of this Code of Conduct is to ensure that users of the Library have equitable opportunities for knowledge and personal enrichment in a safe and welcoming environment.
Code of Conduct
All Library users are expected to behave in a respectful and courteous manner so that everyone can enjoy the Library. Any behavior that would be disruptive to a person’s enjoyment of the Library is unacceptable. Library staff will offer respectful guidance as issues arise so that patrons can understand the Library’s expectations and use the Library successfully. Library staff have the final decision in whether a user’s behavior is disruptive.
Examples of prohibited behaviors include but are not limited to:
- Disrupting or interfering with another user’s ability to use the library.
- Disrupting or interfering with a staff person’s ability to do their job.
- Obstructing a pathway or doorway with personal items such as bikes, chairs, strollers, etc.
- Eating food or drinking uncovered beverages.
- Bringing pets into the building. Service animals on a leash and under control of the owner are allowed.
- Breaking local, state, or federal laws.
Patrons are expected to comply with staff requests and noncompliance may result in suspension of library privileges. This may include but is not limited to being asked to leave for the day or being suspended for a length of time, subject to the severity of the issue.
Approved by the Board of Trustees 4/13/2023