View or download the October 3, 2022 Regular City Council meeting agenda (PDF).
View or download the October 3, 2022 Regular City Council meeting agenda, staff reports, and/or supporting materials (LINK).
*Please note this meeting will not be held in the City Hall Council Chambers. Webcasting and broadcasting on the City’s website and local cable channels will not be available during the meeting. A recording of this meeting will be made available to the public after the meeting has been adjourned.
MILL VALLEY COMMUNITY CENTER – CASCADE ROOM
180 CAMINO ALTO, MILL VALLEY
CALL TO ORDER
ACTION OUT OF CLOSED SESSION
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
1. Presentation of a Proclamation Declaring October 6 – 16, 2022, as Mill Valley Film Festival Days and Congratulating the Mill Valley Film Festival on the Occasion of its 45th Anniversary.
2. Consideration of Continuing to Make Findings Authorizing the Use of Remote Teleconferencing Option for the Public Meetings of Mill Valley’s Legislative Bodies as Required by Assembly Bill 361.
Recommended Action: Make findings to have the option to hold remote meetings as allowed by Assembly Bill 361.
3. Receive the Updated Five-Year Pavement Maintenance Plan.
Recommended Action: Receive report.
4. Consideration of a Resolution Approving the Hamilton Drive Sanitary Sewer Force Main Replacement Plans and Specifications, Accept the Filing of a CEQA Notice of Exemption, and Authorizing the City Manager to Award to Bid and Execute a Contract with the Lowest Responsive/Responsible Bidder.
Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution No. 22-___.
5. Consideration of a Resolution Approving the Vacation of Existing Drainage Easement and Accepting the Dedication of New Drainage Easement at 32 Glen Drive (APN 029-151-53).
Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution No. 22-___.
6. Second Reading and Adoption of Ordinance No. 1336 Amending Chapter 2.08 “Commissions, Boards, and Committees” of the Mill Valley Municipal Code Updating Eligibility Requirements.
Recommended Action: Adopt Ordinance No. 1336.
7. Second Reading and Adoption of Ordinance No. 1337 Modifying Mill Valley Municipal Code Title 5 “Licensing and Taxation” to Clarify and Update Regulations in Chapter 5.32 Related to “Exemptions for Certain Residential Housing Projects.”
Recommended Action: Adopt Ordinance No. 1337.
8. Second Reading and Adoption of Ordinance No. 1338 Amending Title 11 (“Streets and Sidewalks”) of the Mill Valley Municipal Code by Adding Chapter 11.19 Entitled “Seasonal Outdoor Business Use of Public Right-of-Way” to Create a Seasonal Outdoor Business Use of the Right-of-Way Agreement Process; Consideration of a Resolution to Establish Application Fees for such Program; and Second Reading and Adoption of Ordinance No. 1339 Extending the Temporary Outdoor Business Program Relating to Outdoor Areas on Private Property through May 31, 2023.
Recommended Action: Adopt Ordinance No. 1338, adopt Resolution No. ___, and adopt Ordinance No. 1339.
COUNCIL/STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS AND COUNCIL LIAISON REPORTS
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
PUBLIC OPEN TIME
9. Receive Update and Presentation on Racial Identity Profiling Act (RIPA) Data Collection.
Recommended Action: Receive report and provide direction as needed.
COUNCIL REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
The Council will adjourn to the next Regular City Council meeting will be held on Monday, October 3, 2022.
The City of Mill Valley is pleased to offer webcasting services for City Council, Planning Commission and Parks and Recreation meetings. Please visit the Webcasting and Streaming Video Archive (LINK) page to view the video, agenda, and meeting documents such as staff reports, supporting materials, and action minutes.
The City of Mill Valley offers the eComment program for City Council, Planning Commission, and Parks & Recreation Meetings. The City is proud to have offered this service for the past 11 years and continues to encourage community members to use this alternative form of civic participation if they are not attending in-person City Council and/or other Board/Commission/Committee public meetings. Please visit the eComment page (LINK) to learn more on how to participate in this program.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at City Hall, 26 Corte Madera Avenue during regular business hours. Such documents are also available on the City’s website at www.cityofmillvalley.org (LINK) subject to staff’s ability to post the documents prior to the meeting.
The City of Mill Valley does not discriminate against any individual with a disability. Upon request, City publications will be made available in the appropriate format to persons with a disability. If you require assistance or auxiliary aids in order to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at 388-4033 (I'TY 711) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.