October 2, 2023
City Hall - Council Chambers
26 Corte Madera Ave
Mill Valley, CA 94941
Regular City Council Meeting
Monday, October 2, 2023
View or download the October 2, 2023 Regular City Council meeting amended agenda (PDF).
View or download the October 2, 2023 Regular City Council meeting agenda (PDF).
View or download the October 2, 2023 Regular City Council meeting agendas, staff reports, and/or supporting materials (LINK).
*Please note, the agenda item language for Item #3 has been changed.
CALL TO ORDER
ACTION OUT OF CLOSED SESSION
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
1. Presentation of a Proclamation Declaring October 5 – 15, 2023, as Mill Valley Film Festival Days and Congratulating the Mill Valley Film Festival on the Occasion of its 46th Anniversary.
2. Consideration of the September 18, 2023 Regular City Council Meeting Action Minutes.
Recommended Action: Approve the action minutes.
3. Consideration of an Amendment to the Employment Agreement with City Manager Cusimano.
Recommended Action: Approve the Amendment to the Employment Agreement with City Manager Todd Cusimano.
4. Consideration of a Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Award the Procurement of a Booster Pump for the Reclaimed Water System for an Amount Not to Exceed $80,000 with an Accompanying Budget Adjustment.
Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution No. 23-___.
COUNCIL/STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS AND COUNCIL LIAISON REPORTS
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
PUBLIC OPEN TIME
5. Congratulations to Mayor Wickham on the Completion of His Term as Mayor and Election of City Council Officers; Mayor and Vice Mayor.*
Recommended Action: Elect a new Mayor and Vice Mayor.
COUNCIL REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
The Council will adjourn to the next Regular City Council meeting will be held on Monday, October 16, 2023, at 5:30 p.m. in the Mill Valley City Council Chambers.
*A reception will be held directly after the adjournment of the Regular City Council Meeting to celebrate the Mayoral transition.
The City of Mill Valley is pleased to offer webcasting services for City Council, Planning Commission and Parks and Recreation meetings. Please visit the Webcasting and Streaming Video Archive (LINK) page to view the video, agenda, and meeting documents such as staff reports, supporting materials, and action minutes.
The City of Mill Valley offers the eComment program for City Council, Planning Commission, and Parks & Recreation Meetings. The City is proud to have offered this service for the past 13 years and continues to encourage community members to use this alternative form of civic participation if they are not attending in-person City Council and/or other Board/Commission/Committee public meetings. Please visit the eComment page (LINK) to learn more on how to participate in this program.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at City Hall, 26 Corte Madera Avenue during regular business hours. Such documents are also available on the City’s website at www.cityofmillvalley.org (LINK) subject to staff’s ability to post the documents prior to the meeting.
The City of Mill Valley does not discriminate against any individual with a disability. Upon request, City publications will be made available in the appropriate format to persons with a disability. If you require assistance or auxiliary aids in order to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk at 388-4033 (I'TY 711) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.