October 18, 2021
City Hall - Council Chambers
26 Corte Madera Ave
Mill Valley, CA 94941
City Council Meeting
Monday, October 18, 2021
View or download the October 18, 2021 Regular City Council meeting agenda (PDF).
View or download the October 18, 2021 Closed Session agenda (PDF).
View or download the October 18, 2021 agendas, staff reports, and/or supplemental materials.
To view communications received after 4:00 p.m. on October 18, 2021, please visit this DropBox folder.
CALL TO ORDER
ACTION OUT OF CLOSED SESSION
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
1. Receive Presentation on Fair Housing from Liz Darby, Social Equity Programs and Policy Coordinator for the Marin County Community Development Agency.
2. Receive Presentation on the Status of Housing Element Update from Kendall Flint, Housing Outreach Consultant and Danielle Staude, Mill Valley Senior Planner, Including a Review of First Housing Element Workshop, Summary of Online Survey Results and Anticipated Next Steps.
3. Consideration of the September 1, 2021 Adjourned Regular City Council Meeting Action Minutes.
Recommended Action: Approve the City Council meeting action minutes.
4. Consideration of Adopting the 2022 Regular City Council Meeting Schedule.
Recommended Action: Adopt the proposed schedule.
5. Consideration of a Resolution and a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Between the Mill Valley Police Officers Association and the City of Mill Valley.
Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution No. 21-___ approving the 2021-2025 MOU.
COUNCIL AND STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
COUNCIL LIAISON REPORTS
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
PUBLIC OPEN TIME
6. Receive Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Workplan Update from the Mill Valley Fire Department and Southern Marin Fire Protection District.
Recommended Action: Receive update and provide direction to staff.
7. Receive Update and Report on Police Department Items in the City of Mill Valley Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Work Plan.
Recommended Action: Receive report and provide direction as needed.
COUNCIL REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
The Council will adjourn to the next Regular City Council meeting which will be held on Monday, November 1, 2021.