The Project Team is on track to complete paving East Blithedale Avenue by June 30, 2023. The original schedule had June 27, 2023, as the completion date. However, several unforeseen conditions have pushed completion to June 30. FYI there will be no construction work on the Tuesday July 4th for the holiday.
Work crews continue to close East Blithedale Avenue at 8:00 am and reopen the roadway by 5:00 pm.
If possible, we urge motorists to avoid East Blithedale Avenue - use Camino Alto and Miller Avenue to avoid the construction area. Please plan ahead to leave plenty of time to safely reach your destination and follow posted speed limits and traffic control signs.
What to Expect
Please see the roadway detour map at the bottom of this update.
- Monday, June 26 to Friday, June 30 – Completion of roadway reconstruction and placement of the finished grade asphalt concrete overlay.
Project Update for June 2023
Argonaut Constructors continues the East Blithedale Avenue roadway reconstruction.
What Is Happening This Upcoming Week: June 26
- East Blithedale Avenue Rehabilitation: Carmelita Avenue to Elm Avenue grind existing pavement, placement of the asphalt leveling course with paving fabric beneath, followed by the finished surface asphalt overlay.
- Elm Avenue to Amicitas Avenue: Placement of the asphalt leveling course with paving fabric beneath, followed by the finished surface asphalt overlay.
What Is Happening the Following Week: July 3
- July 4th Holiday – No Construction Work
- East Blithedale Avenue Rehabilitation: Argonaut Constructors will begin raising utilities to finished pavement grade. The crew will prepare the layout for the roadway striping.
This Past Week in Photos:
Demolition of the existing roadway.
Removal of roadway structural section and placement of subgrade stabilization fabric.
Handwork asphalt around manhole.
Roller compaction of the asphalt deep lift, which replaces old roadway structure.
Roadway Detour Plan
What motorists need to know to get around the Construction from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm:
- Heading eastbound on East Blithedale Avenue, motorists shall detour Millwood Street to access Miller Avenue.
- Heading westbound on East Blithedale Avenue, motorists shall detour at Camino Alto. You will turn left and be directed to Miller Avenue.
- Residents living South of East Blithedale Avenue may use Sycamore Avenue to access their homes.
- Residents living North of East Blithedale Avenue will need to access Locust Avenue from Miller Avenue and proceed to Hilarita Avenue to access the Mesa Avenue area.
Thank You for Your Patience
City and Construction Management staff continue to mitigate construction impacts and collaborate with the Mill Valley Chamber of Commerce to coordinate and notify local businesses of the planned work. The project team is available to answer questions and review concerns. The City of Mill Valley would like to send a special thank you to the Mill Valley community for your patience during construction.
Direct Project Contact Information 24/7: (628) 238-0221
Stay Up to Date on the DPW Twitter Site
Click here for the main East Blithedale Project website.
Click here for the previous East Blithedale updates.
East Blithedale FAQ can be found here.